At Montecatini, we are committed to walking with you through your entire healing process. If you have already completed residential treatment, or if you are looking to admit directly into one of our outpatient programs, our flexible continuing care options offer personalized treatment for women, ages 16 and older. Located about 10 minutes away from our residential rehab program in coastal Carlsbad, California, our beautiful outpatient facility is a warm environment, thoughtfully designed to bring deep healing to mind, body, and spirit.
Recovering from an eating disorder requires authenticity, trust, and courage. So that each of our clients feel comfortable enough to do the brave work that recovery requires, we offer a full continuum of care. The client’s therapist, dietitian, psychiatrist, and treatment team will remain the same at every level of treatment (residential, partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP)) to ensure continued growth and healing.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Montecatini’s PHP includes 8 hour all-day treatment, Monday through Saturday. Programming runs from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m, with evening PHP hours available on select days. This program, which features the same positive, respectful, and culturally sensitive environment that our residential rehab offers, treats each client’s mind, body, and spirit. It also enables women to build upon the skills they learned in the first stages of their healing processes. Clients in PHP receive structured care and support with two individual therapy sessions, a number of group sessions offered each day, and two meals and two snacks—all with support from caring and trained staff members.
Medication management services are also available to enable our PHP clients to meet with a psychiatrist and registered nurse at least once per week.
Once PHP is complete, our clients are then welcome to partake in our beneficial intensive outpatient programming (IOP) so that they can continue along the road to a healthy and long-lasting recovery
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Evening IOP
Our Intensive Outpatient Program is designed for women who are nearly ready to go back to living in their respective communities. Montecatini’s IOP program is four hours a day, Monday- Saturday. This programming includes many of the same individualized interventions as our residential and PHP programs, while offering an increased focus on discharge planning.
One supported meal and snack is provided during each IOP session. Individual therapy sessions are conducted by each client’s primary therapist, and occur one time each week. Group therapy sessions are also an integral part of Montecatini’s IOP treatment, and occur daily.
A number of flexible time options for IOP programming are available: 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., or 12:30 p.m. Evening IOP beginning at 4:30pm is also available three nights per week, for those who work or attend school during the day.
Outpatient Program Components Include:
- Individual therapy sessions conducted by each client’s primary therapist. These sessions are designed to help clients process their triumphs and setbacks, and also enable them to discuss their experiences while in treatment within the sanctity of a therapeutic relationship.
- Group therapy allows our clients to provide and receive support from one another and our staff. Groups are held daily, and include several clients so that they are able to support and encourage one another. Led by therapists, registered nurses, patient assistants, yoga instructors, and art therapists, clients are able to benefit from the following groups while in our care:
- Process group
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) group
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) group
- Expressive arts therapy
- Body image
- Integrated care (which focuses on the abuse of substances)
- Nutrition group
- Spirituality/12-Step group
- Action planning
- Meaning making
- Meal process
- Family therapy helps our clients mend the relationships they have with those they hold dear. Offered once per week for our adolescent clients and once per week or on an as-needed basis for our adult clients, family therapy sessions are led by our clients’ primary therapists and can be an excellent forum in which women and their loved ones can reestablish themselves as a united front against the dangerous cycle of an eating disorder.
- Experiential therapy assists Montecatini’s PHP clients in learning to apply their recovery skills in real-world settings. This advantageous rehab method can occur as a group with many clients or with just one client at a time. The following activities are those that clients can participate in while engaged in our PHP:
- Clothes shopping
- Grocery shopping
- Restaurant outings
- Beach trips
- Challenge food outings
- Group dinners
If you or a loved one is suffering from the devastating effects of disordered eating, we invite you to contact us today. At Montecatini, your healed and recovered life awaits.
Montecatini offers a safe, supportive, and affordable independent housing option for patients who participate in our outpatient program. These beautiful homes provide a safe place for women to practice the life skills and tools necessary for life in recovery. Residents receive peer and community support, with grocery shopping outings, support group options, and home meetings weekly. Housing is located in a quaint and scenic neighborhood in Carlsbad, CA- just minutes from our Residential homes and Outpatient office. Transportation to and from program is available.